Setting up 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication)
Two-Factor Authentication adds an extra layer of security to your Minefort account by requiring a secondary code, in addition to your password, to log in. This helps protect against unauthorized access and ensures that only you can access your account, even if your password is compromised.
In case you've lost access to your 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) codes, we recommend you read this guide.
Don't have 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) set up for your Minefort account yet? Read on to find out how you can easily do so!
In order to set up 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) for your Minefort account, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your Minefort account;
- Press on your Minecraft avatar in the top right of the Minefort website;
- From the dropdown menu, press "Settings";
- Once you are on the settings page of your Minefort account, press the "Security" tab;
- You should now see a banner titled "Secure Your Account";
- In the banner, press the blue "Enable" button;
- Once you have pressed the "Enable" button, a window with a QR code will pop up.
Once you have done this, enter the code from your Two-Factor Authenticator and press the "Enable Two Factor" button.
And there you have it! You have now significantly increased your Minefort account security. Every time you try to log in to your Minefort account from now on, you will be prompted to enter a Two-Factor Authentication code after entering your password. 😆