Changing your Server Type and Minecraft Version
There are several reasons why you might want to change your Minefort Server Type and Minecraft Version.
Firstly, changing the server type (e.g. from Spigot to PaperMC) can provide a different gameplay experience for users. For example, PaperMC is generally considered to be more performant in direct comparison to Spigot due to optimizations in the server code.
Secondly, updating to a newer version of Minecraft can provide access to new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements. This can enhance the overall gaming experience for your users.
Lastly, some users may want to switch back to a different, older version of Minecraft in order to play with friends who are on a different versionor want the “old school” Minecraft experience.
- Log in to your Minefort account;
- Head to the "My Servers" page in your Minefort dashboard;
- Press the "Wake up server" button and wait for your server to download;
- Once you are in your server panel, press the "Change Version" button in the rop right;
- In the pop-up window, select your desired Server Type and Server Versionl
- Now press the save button;
- Finally, make sure to restart your server for the changes to take effect
It's important to note that changing server type or version may cause compatibility issues and it's always recommended to backup the server and test the changes on a separate test environment before pushing it to production.