Creating and restoring server backups
Minefort suggests making a backup of your Minecraft server to protect your data in case of server crashes, hardware failure, or other unexpected events when making changes to your Minecraft server. A backup will allow you to restore your server to a previous state, so you don't lose any important data or progress. Additionally, it also helps in case you want to move your server to a different host or location or want to rollback to an earlier version in case of any issues.
We’ve made backing up your server a breeze! In order to create a backup of your Minefort server, you will need to do the following:
- Log in to your Minefort account;
- Head to the "My Servers" page in your Minefort dashboard;
- Once you are in your server panel, press the "Backups" tab located under your server name and IP;
- You will now see the amount of backups you have used, aswell as any previous backups;
- In order to make a backup of your Minefort server, simply press the "Create backup" button;
- Once the backup process has been completed, you will see the following;
You have now successfully created a backup of your Minefort server!
In order to restore one of your previous server backups, please do the following:
- Press the arrow button at the right side of the backup you wish to restore, like displayed below;
- Once you have pressed the restore button, you will receive a pop-up asking you to restore your server files;
- Press "Confirm".
Your server backup has now been restored! 😄