Tips and Techniques
Protecting your Minefort Map with WorldGuard
1 min read
WorldGuard allows you to create 'zones' in your world that only permit certain players to enter, break blocks, or place blocks (and many other rules). A main use of WorldGuard is to protect areas such as the spawn from griefing.
Creating a Region
Step 1 | WorldEdit Wand
- Firstly, we need a 'wand'. We can grab a wand by running
//wand. The wand allows us to select our region.
Step 2 | Selecting the Region
- Now, we're going to create an invisible 3D box.
- Do this by going to the bottom left of the area, and right clicking a block.
- Then go to the top right of the area and left clicking a block.
Step 3 | Defining the Region
Now that we've selected our region using the wand, we use the command
/rg refine (region-name). For example, if we're defining a lobby for our server, we'd use
/rg define lobby.
- Flags are the permissions that a region has. You can use flags to disable block breaking, pvp, block placing, and many other things. You can view a long list of flags [here].
- To set a flag, we can run
/rg flag (region-name) (flag-name) (deny / allow). For example, if we want to pvp in our lobby regin, we run
/rg flag lobby pvp deny.